Monday, June 18, 2012

Gift Tip #103: A Belle in Brooklyn


It's been awhile since my last page turner so I had to share this book by entitled A Belle in Brooklyn by Demetria Lucas, The Go-To Girl for Advice on Living Your Best Single Life. Lucas, a former Essence magazine relationships editor, blogger and now author shares her experiences in the dating world in a fun and inspiring way. The chapter titles (i.e.The Atlanta Fiasco, Henny.Mixed., Growing Pains: I Got Issues) draw you in and you begin to think of your own love/lust experiences. Not to mention that at some point while reading, you start to think of Demetria as your homegirl--honestly, her writing style makes you feel like you are sitting on the edge of her bed as she shares with you her tales of her "exciting life".While reading the book, there were moments where my jaw literally dropped, where I laughed out loud and clutched my heart with slight concern. To me, that's a good read!

This book would be a great gift for a bosom buddy, any single lady who wants a quick read and the ultimate book lover (maybe the next book club read?). Also, A Belle in Brooklyn just came out in paperback, pick one up just in time for beach reading.

source: abelleinbrooklyn.com
Pin It!

No comments: