Sunday, August 19, 2012

Out the Box: Kate Gaier

Out the Box is a series on HoneeBee Gifts that focuses on local community notables who share a bit about their gifting life...and a little more. I am excited to share this feature with you and I hope you enjoy this up and personal look at gifting. It's kind of like peeking into someone's closet...but much more fun!



The Gift: Kate Gaier
Today we are featuring Kate Gaier, Reporter for News 14 Carolina. She works right here in Charlotte and loves that her job allows her to meet new people everyday."You never know what stories you will hear and get to share. I've met so many amazing people along the way." said Gaier. She inspires me with her running (while I am running 5K's she is preparing for her first marathon (!!), the Marine Corps Marathon in DC) and her giving spirit (the marathon she is running will benefit the AHA to honor her Dad and his brother who died before the age of 43 from heart disease). Kate is also proud to say she is thrifty. "I cut coupons, and shop around for deals" said Kate. What a busy, fit lady!

The Wrapping: Kate shares just a bit of her gifting life...
Best gift received:
~A picture frame my sister Meg gave me; it's got pictures from different stages in our lives and I have it on my desk at work. It makes me laugh to see our little kid, goofy grins.
~I love gifts I know I want, but just never got around to buying myself. My Mom gave me a cruise as my college graduation present--it was my first cruise and it was fun to celebrate the entire time.
Best gift given: One Christmas, my siblings and I went in together to get my Mom an iPad. I will never forget the look on her face when she opened it! Complete shock! She uses that thing all the time. And it was fun to do a group gift with my sisters and brother.
My "go-to" gift (to give): Gift cards
What's on your gift wish list (to receive): Ha, what isn't?!?! said Kate. Here are a few of her top items:
~I could always use running gear (especially now as I train for my 1st marathon).
~Jewelry, what woman doesn't want new jewelry?
~I'd love to have my teeth professionally whitened--I drink alot of coffee so my teeth aren't as pearly white as I would like.
~New sunglasses-my favorite pair got stepped on as I was running down an interview outside the courthouse
~A trip--a vacation to anywhere!
Your most recent shopping splurge: A few tops for work and a sundress for weekend cookouts at Gaffney outlets  and a new pair of running shoes.
Fill in the blank: I love shopping at Ross/TJ Maxx/Marshalls for bargains! Who doesn't want a discount?

The Bow: Let's peek into the life of Kate, off-air...
On a Saturday afternoon you'd most likely find me...Icing my knees! I run every Saturday morning...it's ME time, time to unwind and detox from the long week. By afternoon, I'm ready for lunch, a nap (maybe poolside) and a good book.

Favorite quote...Jokingly I say, "If I wanted your opinion I would have given it to you" (I'm very sarcastic). I love quotes about laughter, because it really does feed my soul and the quote "never give up on your dreams".
I am most inspired by...My Mom! She is such a strong, open-minded woman, who believes everyone deserves a chance. She was a single mother raising 5 kids, working and earning a doctorate degree. She never gave up on her dream and is such an inspiration for me.
I'd love to meet...I would love to sit down with my Dad; he died when I was little. I have memories of him but I'd love to hear his opinion on society today. I've met some really cool people in my career but still haven't met a President. That would be very cool to meet the person in charge of our great country.

Bzzz...Be sure to tune in to News 14 Carolina to see Kate in action! You can email her at
kate.gaier@news14.com, follow her on twitter @reporter_kate or look her up via Facebook.


source: charlotte.news14.com






Pin It!

No comments: