Thursday, October 25, 2012

Out the Box: Heather Waliga

Out the Box is a series on HoneeBee Gifts that focuses on local community notables who share a bit about their gifting life...and a little more. I am excited to share this feature with you and I hope you enjoy this up and personal look at gifting. It's kind of like peeking into someone's closet...but much more fun!

The Gift: Heather Waliga
Today we are featuring Heather Waliga, Evening Anchor for News 14 Carolina. She works right here in Charlotte and I just think she is as cute as a button! And to add to the cuteness, she recently got married so I am sure she has that newly married glow.

The Wrapping: Heather shares just a bit of her gifting life...
Best gift received: The most special gift I ever received was on my wedding day. My husband made a photo album documenting each stage of our relationship and included a letter wit every detail of how we met so I'd never forget. He gave it to me right before I walked down the aisle along with a pair of gorgeous diamond earrings that I'd been admiring. That's my second favorite gift:)
Best gift given: Right after my sister was accepted to a college in Boston, I knew she was dying to go check it out, and I wanted to take her there. So for Christmas, I made a photo collage of Charlotte and one of Boston. Then I cut out a plane and pasted pictures of our faces in the windows. Of course I had to cut out Boston University t-shirts for us to wear. She was so excited! I love coming up with creative ways to surprise others.
My "go-to" gift (to give): Photo gifts including everything from a unique frame with a meaningful picture to a photo book that I created.
What's on your gift wish list: Currently, a new kitchen table. I've always wanted a big wooden, rustic dining room table with a bench like the one my grandma used to have. I have so many good memories of playing "spoons" on it with my family as a little kid. Now I'm on the hunt for one of my own!
Your most recent shopping splurge: I'm a shoe girl, so my most recent shopping splurge came just before my wedding. Instead of a dress change for my reception, I had a shoe change. I bought 3 pairs!
Fill in the blank: I love shopping at Marshalls for everything from handbags to homegoods. I love a deal, and I just can't seem to get enough of that place.

The Bow: Let's peek into the life of Heather, off-air...
On a Saturday afternoon you'd most likely find me...traveling! Nothing makes me feel more adventurous that experiencing new places. But when I'm not traveling, I'm usually enjoying one of Charlotte's many great restaurants with my husband, catching a movie or getting some much needed retail therapy:)
Favorite quote...I love quotes and there are so many that have inspired me over the years. A couple that I really love:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away"
"Life begins at the end of our comfort zones"
I am most inspired by...Nothing inspires me more than meeting and sharing the stories of people who have overcome great obstacles and remain strong in the face of adversity. It is truly amazing to see how people dealing with tragedy go on to encourage others and change lives.
I'd love to meet...Oprah. I've always admired her work.

Bzzz...Be sure to tune in to News 14 Carolina to see Heather in action! You can email her at
heather.waliga@news14.com, follow her on twitter @heatherwaliga

source: facebook.com
Pin It!

No comments: