Monday, May 6, 2013

Out the Box: Michelle Boudin

Out the Box is a series on HoneeBee Gifts that focuses on local community notables who share a bit about their gifting life...and a little more. I am excited to share this feature with you and I hope you enjoy this up and personal look at gifting. It's kind of like peeking into someone's closet...but much more fun!



The Gift: Michelle Boudin
Today we are featuring Michelle Boudin, NBC Charlotte Reporter and Magazine Contributor.  Michelle is a straight forward, entertaining conversationalist. While we've never actually partied together, she is one that I think would bring "life" to any dinner party. You know, one of those active participants that every party needs! Now, bringing back to her reporter side...I actually went to dinner  (no party) with her and one of my good friends...and found out stuff about my friend that I didn't even know--now THAT's a good reporter! Michelle loves the people she gets to meet while working and enjoys telling their stories. "Everyone has a story. I'm lucky enough to hear a lot of good ones. Occasionally I even get to make a difference and on those days I go home really happy" said Boudin when asked what she loves most about her job. 

The Wrapping:  Michelle shares just a bit of her gifting life...
Best gift received: We just lost my grandmother--one of the most stylish women I'll ever know. My mom gave me a gorgeous ring that she used to wear. It's kind of big and hard to miss and it makes me smile every time I look at it. 
Best gift given:  When my sister graduated college I took her on a trip to California. We drove the Pacific Coast Highway in a convertible, stopping at lots of cool places along the way. 
My "go-to" gift: I love giving truffles from Whole Foods. The box is pretty and the truffles are delicious--and it's only $5.99! 
What's on your wish list: Um...so much! I love getting gifts as much as I love giving them. I love surprises. I'm a product junkie so anything that smells good (candles, lotions, lip gloss, etc). I love jewelry--from statement necklaces to the special stuff from Tiffany's. And I love gift cards because not everyone can know exactly what you're dying for...although I am always up for a spa day!
Your most recent shopping splurge: I love shopping Tory Burch. I got a great deal at 3am on Black Friday at the outlet in South Florida on a fun tote. 

The Bow: Let's peek into the life of Michelle, out of reporter mode...
On a Saturday afternoon you'd most likely find me...in puppy obedience school. We're a work in progress. (Note: Michelle has a cutie patootie doggy)
Favorite quote...It's never too late to become what you might have been--George Eliot
I am most inspired by...the people I meet on the stories I'm covering
I'd love to meet...Mr. Right 

Bzzz...Michelle told me that she is always on the lookout for great human interest stories. She encourages HoneeBee readers to email great ideas to her at: mboudin@wcnc.com. In addition, to reporting for NBC Charlotte, Michelle writes for People magazine, Charlotte Magazine and more. 
Pin It!

No comments: