Friday, June 5, 2009

The Spotlight: Polka Dot Bake Shop


Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes. I HEART You....and if anyone wants to get me a special gift (aka a super delicious treat) I will gladly take a cupcake from Polka Dot Bake Shop...I don't even need a bow. What I do need is a fork...so I can really enjoy. Take a peak at how I eat my favorite cupcake from Polka Dot.
Creme Caramel Cupcake

This cute little space has a few outdoor tables and indoor seats so you can dine in with your cupcakes. I usually take mine to go but to each its own. The staff are funny, cute and always smiling when you enter the door.

Cupcakes are a treat--not your traditional "gift" but could replace the usual cake at a party, be added to a brunch or shared as a nightcap..instead of Cognac.


Fun Facts:
  • The cupcake evolved in the United States in the 19th century.


  • In the beginning, cupcakes were sometimes called "number" cakes, because they were easy to remember by the measurements of ingredients it took to create them.


  • According to the Food Timeline Web, food historians have yet to pinpoint exactly where the name of the cupcake originated.
Pin It!

No comments: