Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Out the Box: Jacinda Garabito

Out the Box is a series on HoneeBee Gifts that focuses on local community notables who share a bit about their gifting life...and a little more. I am excited to share this  feature with you and I hope you enjoy this up and personal look at gifting. It's kind of like peeking into someone's closet...but much more fun!



The Gift: Jacinda Garabito
Today we are featuring Jacinda Garabito, media maven who has conquered radio (remember her from 96.1 The Beat) and TV.  Jacinda is currently a reporter and weather forecaster for Fox Charlotte (her previous position was Afternoon Traffic Reporter for WBTV) and loves the rush of energy you get right before you go on air. A few years ago, Jacinda was an emcee/hostess for a friend's book launch and I remember her being so personable and upbeat. Since then has career has grown even bigger and I think it has alot to do with her spirit, in addition to her talent.

The Wrapping: Jacinda shares just a bit of her gifting life...
Best gift received:
~An All About Me book created by my fiance
My boyfriend, now fiance published a book  all about me called The Life of a Gemini Named J. The book depicted my life. There were pictures of my family, scriptures, and poems he wrote. He discussed the beauty of a father/daughter relationship and wrote about the love between a mother and a daughter. He included my best friends, my two dogs and my accomplishments. He even included emails we had written to each other. I will forever be grateful for this book.
Best gift given:
~Princess float for a princess
This gift was simple but very timely. A few weeks ago I ran across a princess float for the pool. I thought it would be a perfect gift for my best friend's daughter, as she was having her first birthday soon. Soon thereafter, I randomly took a trip to see my best friend and brought the float with me. My best friend waited for me to arrive so we could both experience her daughter's first pool experience. Her daughter loved the float, the pool, the whole nine yards! I think it was the absolute perfect gift I could have ever given a 9 month old little girl.
My "go to" gift to give:
~Candles
I think men and women alike love nice smells. This is usually a big winner, especially if you purchase a big fancy one.
What's on your wish list (to receive):
-Fully-detailed car
I asked for this last year for my birthday and it never happened so it's going back on the list for this year ( Editor's note: I hope Jacinda's friends are reading this!--easy gift idea, she is telling you what she wants). I want that full wax and polish detail. The one where your seats come out and they shampoo my carpets and shine the leather, lol.  
Your most recent shopping splurge: Work clothes. I just splurged on this the other day!
Fill in the blank:  I love shopping at The Limited for everything women!!!

The Bow: Let's peek into the life of Jacinda, off-air...
On a Saturday afternoon you'd most likely find me...outside enjoying nature. I love playing with my two dogs Lil Reeses and Twix. There's something about the wind blowing against my face and the freedom of enjoying God's natural blessings. I have such a feeling of peace.
Favorite quote...You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful--Amy Bloom
I am most inspired by...that feeling of knowing I made someone else's day. I live for those moments. What fuels me in life are those simple moments that do not cost a dime but make you feel so rich. I love knowing that something I did or someone else did was so powerful that it changed someone else's day to be more fulfilling.
I'd love to meet...Oprah. I admire her.

Bzzz..Be sure to read Jacinda's inspirational stories reflecting the Ups and Downs of Life here and watch her on Fox Charlotte. You can also follow her on Twitter @JustJacinda. 

source: justjacindashow.blogspot.com 



 




Pin It!

No comments: