Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Gift of the Weekend


First, let me apologize for my absence this week. While there were fun moments sprinkled throughout my week, work got the best of me! I wondered "How did all my deadlines fall in the same week"?  I don't want to bore you with the details but I did experience a magical night with Relish Carolina, traveled for work and met an amazing career woman, who inspired me with her story and energy and chatted and brainstormed with industry friends with genuine hearts. Anyhoo, next week I promise to not leave you hanging. In the meantime, let me share a few last minute gift ideas that you can treat someone to as early as this evening ...

Tonight, why not have a date night to see the production of A Raisin in the Sun at Duke Energy Theatre? The play is considered the most well known from playwright, Lorraine Hansberry and centers around the Youngers family and their trials, tribulations, love of each other and much more. While the play debuted on Broadway in 1959, you may remember the most recent production of this play included Sean "Diddy" Combs who played Walter Lee. 

Gather the kids up and experience Sunday Fun day: Red, White and Blue at The Mint Museum. The afternoon will include family-friendly craft projects, tours, healthy living activities, artist demonstrations, and more.

Looking for something not so crafty yet kid-friendly (or date friendly) to do this Sunday? Try out Concerts on the Green in Davidson, a free festival on the grounds of the Davidson Public Library. This is the first one of the season and will feature the BackBeat band. Bring a blanket, picnic and relax on the lawn listening to live music...sounds good to me!
Pin It!

No comments: