Friday, November 23, 2012

Out the Box: Laura James

Out the Box is a series on HoneeBee Gifts that focuses on local community notables who share a bit about their gifting life...and a little more. I am excited to share this feature with you and I hope you enjoy this up and personal look at gifting. It's kind of like peeking into someone's closet...but much more fun!




The Gift: Laura James

Today we are featuring Laura James, Owner and Designer of  Laura James Jewelry. She is a talented jewelry maker whose work has been featured locally and nationally including the Today Show, Lucky Magazine, Charlotte Magazine and more. I spotlighted her company last year and the goods are still there...beautiful jewels continue to come from her studio boutique! She is a sweet person and brilliant artisan. I also just found out she is pregnant so congratulations are in order!

The Wrapping: Laura shares just a bit of her gifting life...

Best gift received: It's a tie--my engagement/wedding rings from my husband and a drawing from my 8 year old niece titled "My Favorite Relative"
Best gift given: A jewelry fundraiser to help my brother and his wife reach their adoption goal to bring home a baby girl, Caroline Faith from Ethiopia. They are currently #10 on the waiting list!
My "go-to" gift (to give): More than anything I love to customize a piece of Laura James jewelry specifically for the person.
What's on your gift wish list: Earrings by jeweler Anthony Nak
Your most recent shopping splurge: A pair of handcrafted diamond pave stud earrings from one of the jewelry artisans I carry at Laura James Jewelry.
Fill in the blank: I love shopping on Slate Interiors for inspiration. Not to mention their vintage and contemporary home decor....anything tagged one of a kind has my name on it.

The Bow: Let's peek into the life of Laura...

On a Saturday afternoon you'd most likely find me...if I'm not at the studio creating new baubles, you'll find me perusing Charlotte's locally owned home decor boutiques for vintage treasures and inspiration. Laura also took up paddleboarding this summer with her husband.
Favorite quote...In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different--Coco Chanel
I am most inspired by...nature, architecture, home decor, Diane von Furstenburg and anything vintage from the 1920's-70's.
I'd love to meet...CFDA nominee jeweler Anthony Nak. The architectural influence in his latest jewelry designs which are influenced by mosaics and antique stained glass has blown me away.

Bzzz...Laura James Jewelry now carries diamonds and 14K gold jewelry, crafted by hand by artisans handpicked by James herself. No one else in NC carries these items. Be sure to check out their Facebook page and website for jewelry auctions, where the public can acquire jewels at a steep discount.

photo source: Facebook.com


Pin It!

No comments: